birding-aus

Atherton Tableland bird photos & breeding response to rain

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Atherton Tableland bird photos & breeding response to rain
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:09:52 +1000
Hi all,

Jeff brown of TOP AT ART is looking for photos of local birds,animals and plants to use with acknowledgement or to hire for the next production of the local tourist magazine. If you are interested please contact him as soon as possible.

It seems that all the birds which were waiting to start breading are now hard at it although we have not had a lot of rain. Willies, Pee Wees and Leaden Flycatchers are nesting in the garden for sure and I suspect that figbirds and Noisy Friarbirds are nesting too. We do not usually have noisy Friarbirds in the garden except during winter for a week or two. Helmeted F'birds are more usual in Yungaburra but have been inconspicuous for a few months now; saw one last week.

Regards,
Alan