birding-aus

Re: Calamanthus in the Sydney region

Subject: Re: Calamanthus in the Sydney region
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:04:35 +1100
There is also a record of an immature at Mountain Lagoon in February 1979
(in J.&P. Smith "Fauna of the Blue Mountains", 1990), though at the moment
I know no more details of this record, or who saw it. Presumably this
record is the reason Pizzey gives the distribution as extending "from NW of
Sydney". If anyone has seen this species anywhere in the Blue Mountains I
would love to know about it.

I guess the other species it could be confused with is the Chestnut-rumped
Heathwren, unless the streaked back is clearly seen.

cheers

Carol