birding-aus

Reluctantly I now agree with Lawrie Conole

To: <>
Subject: Reluctantly I now agree with Lawrie Conole
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:44:44 +1000
Hello all,
Until I read Marilyn Davis' recent hypocritical attack on Andrew Stafford (Mon,
25 Nov 2002 21:06:32
+0800) I was prepared to think along the same lines as Peter Fuller who said:

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:57:47 +1100
"Remember people that this is a discussion group!
Most of the discussion on this issue has been bagging what other people have
said and identity
bashing, which, in my opinion, is pointless.
If people do address the concerns people raise or, if they cant, stay out of
it. Then people will
either be satisfied with  what they have expressed and move on,  or have their
concerns put at ease
by intelligable data and responses.
If they debate the data, then its a discussion!!!
It only gets tedious when there is finger pointing and useless arguements
telling people how wrong
their ideas are."

However, Ms Davis' latest posting shows clearly that she, at least, is only
interested in using the
topic of banding and flagging to cause destructive mischief amongst the more
mature members of this
forum. She obviously has nothing constructive to add to the discussion but it
is equally obvious
that she intends to continue with her mischief whenever this topic arises.
As a result this topic cannot be discussed intelligently and constructively any
more on Birding-aus.

This is extremely unfortunate as it is an insult to both Russell Woodford and
Andrew Taylor who,
with the facilities of Birding-Aus, are trying to provide a genuine and
extremely useful service for
the birders of Australia.

Therefore it is with great reluctance that I support Lawrie Conole who on Mon,
25 Nov 2002 15:55:56