birding-aus

Dear birders and nature lovers

Subject: Dear birders and nature lovers
From: "david camilleri" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:48:44 -0500
Dear birders and nature lovers,

It is disappointing that, to date, only 25 people on birders mailing
lists (in addition to the Proact Team mails with 700+ signatures)
have found the time to lend their support to this stage of the
campaign.

This could be the last opportunity to persuade EU commissioners and
member states to think again on allowing Maltese hunters to shoot
during spring migrationwith all the appalling consequences we know
too well from past years.

In this respect the Maltese situation presents a unique and bloody
picture _worldwide_ which all those who enjoy or profit from nature
should bitterly oppose.

It's not too difficult - or time consuming (2 - 3 minutes) to make
your opinion felt. Go NOW please to:

< http://www.proactnow.org/malta/id26.html >

and send a mail to EU Foreign and Environmnet ministers and the
responsible EU commissioners.

Then pass this mail on to your family, friends and colleagues - and
to any appropriate mailing lists to which you subscribe.

Thank you all,

David
--
David Conlin
Proact, campaigning for birds and their habitats .... joining costs