birding-aus

Breeding successes.

To: <>
Subject: Breeding successes.
From: "Purcell's" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 14:58:45 +1100
May sound like a small success, but for the first year since we have purchased our 10 acre block in Gisborne (and started replanting the bare paddocks), we have had breeding success with blue wrens, red browed finches, and yellow tailed thornbills (the latter has successfully reared horsefields b cuckoos in the past).

Blue wrens successfully fledged three young, which means we have 5 constant companions around the house.

Be interesting whether ma & pa try for a second brood.

PS: Picked up an adult eastern rosella from the middle of the road last week. It was barely conscious and about to be run over. Kept it warm overnight in a dark box, and successfully released it (looking much happier) same spot next morning.

Rick Purcell