birding-aus

Mornington Peninsula & Western Port Biosphere was approved by UNESCO.

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Mornington Peninsula & Western Port Biosphere was approved by UNESCO.
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 16:48:14 -0800 (PST)

One small step for a pelican .... one giant leap for mankind

G'day Chaps and Chaplettes,

Today is an historic day, marking the day the Mornington Peninsula & Western
Port Biosphere was approved by UNESCO.

Peter Bridgewater has been kind enough to advise me that the Intergovernmental Co-ordinating Council of the Man and the Biosphere Programme has agreed with strong commendation that the Nomination of the Mornington Peninsula and Western Port Biosphere Reserve be approved, and thus accepted into the World Network of Biosphere Reserves. Following from this advice a press release has been prepared for release at 10 am tomorrow to ensure all agencies are aware of the approval and also enable the formal announcement which will occur on the Hastings Foreshore
Reserve (Walking Track Car Park) Marine Parade Hastings Melways Reference
154 J9 tomorrow, Saturday, at 10 am.  It is envisaged that State and Federal
Governments will be represented and you will be most welcome to attend my
apologies for this late notice however the timing was not of our making.

see attached notice of event and press release.
If you have any concerns please give me a call on 04193 79524.
Regards
Ian Morris

Do you Yahoo!?