birding-aus

Migratory Birds

To: <>
Subject: Migratory Birds
From: "Julie Lynn McLaren" <>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:31:55 +0930
In the last week we've had 2 Marsh Sandpipers here at Bowra. One was here for 3 days and was joined by another one yesterday. We had excellent views and could easily identify them.
The other migratory bird we have here in the same location as the Marsh Sandpipers are, Long-toed Stints, we think.We don't have a telescope but I have spent at least an hour every day for the last five days at the location with binos and 3 books and have reached the decision that they are definitely L-Toed Stints.
Is this a reasonable conclusion?
Cheers,
Julie.