birding-aus

This holiday Monday

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: This holiday Monday
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:25:20 +0930
Well, today has turned out to be brighter holiday weather here in Adelaide than the gloomy Fri/Sat/Sun we've just had.

I went to visit the Birds SA campout at Murray - Sunset Park yesterday where the weather was very windy and had a few scuts of rain, but nothing enough to do any good.  The 30 or so campers had done reasonably well for birds having sighted 85 species, the best of which were Mallee Emu-wren, Striated Grasswren, and Gilberts and Red-lored Whistlers.  Spent a few pleasant hours with them until the monster spiders started coming up out of their holes in the ground at dusk - definitely time to go.

A lot of driving - 3.5 hrs each way, but what the heck - didn't need any rocking last night !

Anton.