birding-aus

NSW Twitchathon results!!!

Subject: NSW Twitchathon results!!!
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:59:21 +1100
Hi all,

As no-one else seems to have yet answered Edwin's question re the results
of the NSW Twitchathon held last weekend, I have copied the full results
below as provided by Frances Czwalinna yesterday. The drought certainly
made the birds harder to find, and I think most teams' results were down
from last year. Our team (the Whacked Out Woodswallows - David Geering,
Mick Todd and myself) were fortunate to win the Main Race again with tough
competition from the Hunter Home Brewers and the Rustle Crows - have a look
how close the results were! It literally came down to a matter of seconds
as we ticked our last species less than a minute before finishing time. All
the teams who finished at Shortland seemed to have enjoyed themselves - we
certainly did - and I look forward to reading all the team reports.

Cheers

Carol Probets

MAIN RACE RESULTS:
Whacked Out Woodswallows: 197  (1st prize)
Hunter Home Brewers: 196 (2nd prize)
Rustle Crows 195 (3rd prize)
Hunter Thickheads 192
Cheerful Drongos 181

CHAMPAGNE RACE RESULTS (so far in):
Wonga Dongas 157 (winner)
Eastern Whiplashers 145
Warbled Specklers 137 (my team)
Letsticcum Phoradae 135
Spineless Spinebills 135
Son of a Finch 122
Wil Tom Feet 120
Berkeley Vale Bustards 114
Whitton Street Sapsuckers 111
Champagne Shriketits 101
Wonga Wonga Wanderers 97
Rainbow Beaneaters 93
Wooden Spoonbills 90
Just Watching 87
Steamed Chats 86
Untwitchables 85
Matheson Mopokes TBA

LITTLE CURLEWS TEAMS (children under 10 yrs):
Terns 123
Lorikeets 37
Kangaroos 24
Red browed firetails TBA
Wee Jasper Cockatoos TBA
Wee Jasper Galahs TBA
Blue Haven Public School TBA

DOLLARBIRDS TEAMS (children between 10-16 yrs):
Plover Lovers 98
Scarlet Robins 75
Weston Wagtails 51
Cunning Cockatiels: 42