birding-aus

GB Cockatoos

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: GB Cockatoos
From: "Gordon Brook" <>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 09:00:09 +1000
Hi All
I suppose I should report sightings more often, especially as I have been watching and listening to Glossy Black Cockatoos all week on my block. Two pairs have favoured us with their presence after carefully allowing as many Casuarinas to grow as possible over the last 15 years. They always have been intermittent visitors but this is the first time they have stayed so long.

I managed to obtain some decent video and for the person asking about video cameras and still shots, I use a Sony DCR-TRV320E. It puts a digital signal onto Hi 8 tape. The digital still camera part of it works well and still shots can also be taken from the moving images on tape later. They are stored on a Memory Stick. The images are not of publishing quality but fine for 'snapshot' and memory purposes. The stereo sound is not too bad either.

For those nearby interested in seeing the GBC's I am located 9 km West of the Pacific Highway just north of Woolgoolga in northern NSW.

Yesterday we additionally had Yellow-tailed BC's as well and the first Rainbow Bee Eaters flying overhead.

Best Wishes

Gordon
Ninox Binoculars & Telescopes

(02) 6649 1077