birding-aus

PELICAN SLAUGHTER S/COAST UPDATE

Subject: PELICAN SLAUGHTER S/COAST UPDATE
From: "desley williams" <>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 10:36:34 +0000
From Desley    Williams
at present holidaying on the Sunshine Coast.
Re my message re the above which I drafted on my brother's  servnet. on 8 Sept. should not have been sent; I notice today that it has just turned up today on Birding-Aus.   There was a follow-up story in the local press which stated that the Pelicans were not in fact slaughtered: further investigation revealed that the first pelican was already dead and was moved further down the road because of the terrible stench. The 2nd bird is believed to have broken its legs when it collided with power lines near the canal.       I suppose it would be difficult to dispose of such a large bird if it died near a residential location.         Regards Desley Williams

Birding-Aus is on the Web at www.shc.melb.catholic.edu.au/home/birding/index.html To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the message "unsubscribe birding-aus" (no quotes, no Subject line) to