birding-aus

You Yangs outing for BA VicGroup members

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: You Yangs outing for BA VicGroup members
From: Merrilyn Serong <>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:12:17 +1000
The next Birds Australia Vic Group birding and boneseeding outing to the
You Yangs (south-west of Melbourne) is on Saturday 24 August.
>From Melbourne, follow the Geelong Road to the Little River turn off and
follow the You Yangs road signs from there.
We will meet at 10 a.m. at the car park just beyond the visitors
centre.  The morning will be spent birding in various places near the
Great Circle Road.  We will have a picnic lunch then arrive at our
boneseeding site in the afternoon.  We will pull out boneseed plants
(weed native to southern Africa) for about an hour then do some more
birding.
It should be a wonderful time to see some early spring bird activity and
the forecast looks good so far.
Bring your lunch and a drink, gardening gloves and a trowel, binoculars
and warm clothes as well as a hat and sunscreen, just in case, and have
a wonderful day.
Cheers,
Merrilyn