birding-aus

SE Melbourne birds - again !

Subject: SE Melbourne birds - again !
From: Merrilyn Serong <>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 00:58:48 +1000
Hi Michael
A Buff-banded Rail has been seen on occasions at Monash Uni Clayton in
recent months. I have also been surprised by the large number of Musk
Lorikeets generally in the area between Burwood and Clayton.  There are
a few White-plumed Honeyeaters about, but not as many as in past years I
agree.  I never see GSTs in this area. We have had a couple of Eastern
Spinebills in our Burwood garden for some months and they seem to be
staying longer this year than previously. I expected them to leave
before this and am very glad to have them still around.  Beautiful birds
they are.
Cheers,
Merrilyn