birding-aus

Barking Owl on Magnetic Is

To: <>
Subject: Barking Owl on Magnetic Is
From: "Dicksons" <>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 13:25:26 +1000
Back in April this year I saw a Barking Owl on Magnetic Island (off Townsville). I didn't think anything more of it until today, when I was browsing through Jo Wieneke's great little book, 'Birds of Magnetic Island' & discovered that it had not, in fact, ever been seen there before. Of course that was several years ago. I would be interested to know if any other locals (or others) had seen the species on Maggie before or since.

The specifics of the sighting were: