birding-aus

*What if?* apologies to Alan and Andrew

Subject: *What if?* apologies to Alan and Andrew
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:09:25 -0700 (PDT)

G'day all,

A while ago I locked horns with two guys from this list whom I had agreed with on many of their bird findings, and the bird data that they have collected.

Threats of legal action flew back and forth when I tried to point out that "Bird wrecks" are NOT a normal event in the life of birds?

Last night I had thee most horrid night's sleep that I have ever in my entire life experienced.

I awoke the first time about 1am. near to tears. But I couldn't recall what had woken me or the dream I had experienced? I knew I had, had a dream, but couldn't recall a bit of it? odd I thought???? but I went back to sleep fairly quickly. 2.30am I'm awake again only this time I remember bits and pieces of the dream and having a stinging burning sensation of the eyes? I checked my home and just outside, nothing was wrong? I made a cuppa tea, sat there for a while trying to recall this most unusual night?

I then had the feeling of remorse and sadness. Feel like I have to very much say sorry to Alan and Andrew. For I now believe I was searching in the wrong place for what brought down those beautiful migratory loved ones.

My belief is now they were not poisoned by eating poisoned fish whilst en route to Oz .... I think they crashed due to the filth they had to fly through, thinking the airborne fine cinder cloud was perhaps not as dense, I think they must have thought it's only missus smith burning up and the area was much smaller ???? and what in fact was up there was only smoke?

"Poor feathered kids didn't know what they had hit?"

Tired JAG potters off back to bed .... your in charge today Eggy, take over the wheel, okay.

Ooroo all worth thinking about with the filth flying around asia at present eh?

Do You Yahoo!?