birding-aus

The Cost of Preservation

To: Bill Stent <>, 'John Harris' <>, "" <>
Subject: The Cost of Preservation
From: jilldening <>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:43:18 +1000
Hi All,

In its most simplistic sense, the dollar value of a habitat is surely the
cost of recreating that habitat. I try to convey this message to councils
all the time. We wader people have had to recreate roosts elsewhere after
development approvals have allowed roost destruction,. Artificial wader
roosts don't come cheaply, and come with a high heartburn dosage. Grey hairs
are thrown in for free.

cheers,

Jill

  Bill Stent  8/12/02 2:51 PM