birding-aus

Only 7 people care about proposed powerline threatening ecologically sen

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Only 7 people care about proposed powerline threatening ecologically sensitive area of SA
From: "Peter Waanders" <>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 18:33:10 +0930
Birding-aus - I am disappointed.
When I kept informing you about Scarlet-chested Parrots at Gluepot, in total
more than 80 people from outside SA came to "tick" these.
Last week I wrote about the proposed powerline that threatens to cut through
the ecologically sensitive transition zone between the mallee of Bookmark
Biosphere and the Ramsar-listed wetlands of the Riverland, near Renmark, SA,
at its closest point less than 10 km from Gluepot.
Only 7 birding-aus member have requested my example letter to minister Kemp
and example response to the EIS.
I have made it available to those people but hope to be flooded by emails in
the next few days!
Or are you all busy writing your own letters?

Cheers

Peter Waanders

website: http://www.riverland.net.au/~peterw/

The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or legally
privileged.  Use or disclosure of the information by anyone other than the
intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please advise by return e-mail.