birding-aus

Spotted Harrier in Hamilton

To: <>, "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Spotted Harrier in Hamilton
From: "David Cameron" <>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:42:05 +1000
Hi Folks,

The Spotted Harriers I saw recently near Dunkeld weren't about on Sunday
when we returned for a look. We did see quite a few other birds of prey
though, the highlight for us being a White-bellied Sea-eagle at Bryant
Swamp. We also spotted Nankeen Kestrel, Australian Hobby(3) and Black
Shouldered Kites working the road sides.

There are lots of water birds about at present with very large flocks of
Shelduck in a few paddocks and quite a few pairs of Pacific Herons in the
wetter areas. Also saw a good number of Black-tailed Native Hens near Bryant
Swamp.

Cheers,

David Cameron
Hamilton