birding-aus

sec: unclas Re: [BIRDING-AUS] RFI Qld & BOCA CD

To: <>
Subject: sec: unclas Re: [BIRDING-AUS] RFI Qld & BOCA CD
From: "Tania Ireton" <>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:54:34 +1000
The first 3 CDs (out of a projected 10) are complete and available for sale.  I
believe Howard Plowright is currently working on getting all the honeyeaters on
to another CD.  The holdup has been that the many of the original recordings
are not of sufficient quality for CD and others have to be "cleaned up" or new
recordings made.  In addition, there are new birds on the Australian list since
the original tapes were made (so more recordings needed), and the taxonomic
order is radically different.

Regards,

Tania

>>> Peter Ewin 23/07/02 9:32:01 >>>
Thanks to everyone who has responded to my request for info on Qld and Cape
York, got quite a few interesting sites, so hopefully it will be successful.
Thanks particularly to Keith Fisher for sending brochures on various sites
through the mail (see you in November).
Still have to contact a few people directly, but will do that in the next few
weeks.
One other quick request. I know BOCA was planning on transferring (and
updating?) their bird tapes to CD. Does anyone know when this is likely to be
completed - CDs are far easier for play callback with the equipment I will have
on the trip.
Cheers,
Peter