birding-aus

Tenterfield Bird Kill

To: <>
Subject: Tenterfield Bird Kill
From: "Paul and Irene Osborn" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:36:05 +1000
Hi all,
On Friday (12th July) the ABC 7pm news had a short piece on a bird kill at Tenterfield. It was attributed to the birds ingesting some poison or other. Does anyone have any details? The story was accompanied by a still picture of some Common Mynahs but didn't otherwise mention what species were involved.

On the subject of Common Mynahs, the ABC's 7.30 Report last Monday (8th July) had a piece on the efforts of an ANU effort to reduce Common Mynah numbers by trapping them in specially designed cages. I think it was Chris Tideman (spelling?) leading the project. After all the hate mail directed against the CMs on this forum, I am surprised nobody else has mentioned it.

Paul Osborn