birding-aus

Latest news - prob. 5 Humpbacks, Western Port

To: Simon Mustoe <>
Subject: Latest news - prob. 5 Humpbacks, Western Port
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 18:20:14 -0700 (PDT)
G'day Simon and All,

Do you remember only a little while back Mr. and Mrs.
Southern Right Whale decided to turn Western Port into
there maternity ward? Ummmm well certain signs are
being displayed by these true "royalty" figures along
the same lines as Mr. and Mrs. S.R. Whale ... I kid
you not mate. Check out Balnarring back beach.

I ask should my "Loons" of this list, the world's best
list, birding-aud, gather here? should all the ladies
on the world's best list start boiling kettles and
feaching towels.

Are they, the welsh five~tet confusing a big metal
whale as being a real whale? should someone contact
the Carllllllton Whale? Stay tuned folks it's all
happening ....

John A. Gamblin ducking low flying helicopters in
Hastings whilst singing:

"Well they stone you if your try to do some good,"
"Well they stone you even though they never should,"

Sorry Bob D. hehehe
Simon Mustoe <> wrote:

Hi all,

For your interest, the no. of probable Humpbacks in
Western Port is 5. I say probable, but I have a photo
and it looks like Humpback. They appear to be
commuting from Cowes in the morning back to Stoney /
Crib Point in the afternoon. The wind is set to drop
to~20 knots this afternoon/ evening and may be a good
time to have a look. The animals have been seen right
next to Crib point jetty and have been seen in the
area for several days.

Regards,
Simon