birding-aus

Continuing Radio National bird series

Subject: Continuing Radio National bird series
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 09:12:53 +1000
As Sean Dooley mentioned last week the Radio National program "Bush
Telegraph" (airing 11.00AM every Friday) interviewed him last Friday as
part of their on-going bird series.  To quote their reporter in an e-mail
to me this morning "We did interview the twitchers last week and they were
fabulous... both
Sean Dooley and Mike Carter were passionate and fun.. it was a great
interview, so a big thankyou for their details."

Sean and Mike were initially meant to supplement a program they are
putting together on the Birds Aust. Outback Twitchathon to be held in late
July.  Apparently the producers decided that they warranted their own
program!

This coming Friday I will be interviewed about the Outback Twitchathon
(all proceeds to the ongoing upkeep of Newhaven).  They will be also
interviewing David Baker-Gabb live from Gluepot about arid Australian
birds and the conservation issues facing these birds.  One of the reasons
for running an Outback Twitchathon was to raise awareness of our arid
birds in this the "Year of the Outback".

In a fortnight another program will be aired featuring a visit to Werribee
with Kevin Wood.  My only regret is that the timing of this program means
that those of us at work miss it.  The only one I have been able to catch
was the program on Good Friday when they featured the Capertee Valley
Regent Honeyeater Project!

If you are able, tune into Radio National 11.00AM Friday.

Cheers

David

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message may be
those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service.