birding-aus

Weekend at Glen Rock

Subject: Weekend at Glen Rock
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 01:07:32 EDT
Glen Rock is in the Lockyer Valley..south of Abberton.We spent the weekend there and saw a total of 72 species. The Yellow-faced Honeyeaters were quite numerous as were the Silvereyes. We sighted a Little Eagle, Wedge-tailed Eagle, Brown Falcon a pair of Black-winged Kites and the Nankeen Kestrel.
There was a pair of Red-rumped Parrots which we thought were unusual for the area. I thought the very best sighting was 5 Glossy Black Cockatoos. I was able to watch them for about 20 minutes. One pair was preening each other..which was great to see.
The Rose Robin was also there.
an interesting weekend

Ruth
Brisbane