birding-aus

BBC Program

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: BBC Program
From: "J & N Russill" <>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 19:15:15 +1000
Did anyone hear the program at 3.30am early one morning last week "The bird
with no name".   I only heard part of it, but a Julia Robinson Dean was in
Thailand to obtain specimens of a bird which she had seen on an earlier trip
and which was new to science, it was explained that this made it necessary
to obtain specimens.  The bird calls in the tape were beautiful and the bird
life seemed prolific, but we were told that the forest is under threat.
The call of the birds which were later killed was quite distressing - I
missed most of the real information and wondered if anyone knows what this
bird was and what the locality was in which the team were working.    Thanks
if you can assist.   Judi Russill