birding-aus

Longevity or 'Shortevity' Banded birds

Subject: Longevity or 'Shortevity' Banded birds
From: (Russell Woodford)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:57:25 +1000
Hi everyone

Good to see that at last Marilyn has shown us where she gets some of her data
from.  This time she's copied and pasted David's table and changed the data to
suit  her theme:

 -------and so on .... more deleted  ----------

> as can be clearly seen, the average life span of many banded birds
> is very low.

I don't think this sort of misrepresentation helps anyone, least of all the
antibanding lobby.

Russell