birding-aus

Birdline Victoria Update - 21 April, 2002 - The Spit

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Birdline Victoria Update - 21 April, 2002 - The Spit
From: "Stuart Cooney" <>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:57:07 +1000
Hi Birders,

Just a quick clarification about access to the Spit.

What I actually meant was that we drove along the track on the embankment between the
western lagoons and The Spit Nature Conservation Reserve and overlooked The
Spit. Entry to The Spit NCR is prohibited except for those participating in
formal bird surveys/research. I was also reminded that the Werribee permit also asks that you remain
in your vehicle whilst on the embankment track between the months of April and
October inclusive - OBPs often feed in the Shrubby Glasswort on the seaward side
of this track, especially in July and August, and can be readily viewed from
your vehicle if you are there at the right time.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions about my posting and thanks for the feedback,

Regards,

Stuart