birding-aus

Autumn birds cont...

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Autumn birds cont...
From: Barry McLean <>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 02 20:55:55 +1000
Hi again,

Just had to report that, after my retracted claim for March, the first
definite Flame Robin sighting was noted yesterday - a male and at least
one female/juvenile.  Have seen a couple of possibles in the previous
week but only glimpses which might have been Scarlets.  Yesterday the
Scarlets were consistently harassing the new arrivals.

Have seen Golden Hhistler males several times now but have only seen a
Rufous Wh. (female) once in the last two weeks.  Neither whistler is
calling and the Shrike-thrushes are silent and have also not been seen
recently.  Wood Duck seen today - for the first time this month.

Also noted Dusky Woodswallow and Tree Martins for the first time this
week but as they were in an area of the property that I seldom visit I
don't know if they are new arrivals.  They did lift the property list to
sixty species though so that is pleasing.

Barry McLean