birding-aus

Marked birds at Werribee

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Marked birds at Werribee
From: "Karen Pearson" <>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:55:35 +1000
While I am unable to comment on the marked bird topic, as I'm still at the stage of finding it hard enough just to see the birds never mind correctly id'ing them THEN seeing any possible bands they may have, I  have to comment on the below;

Philip Veerman said -
I suggest to you that most bird observers going to WTP wish to cover as much as possible of the area as easily as possible, as it is not the world's prettiest environment.
End.

After having had my first visit to Werribee last weekend, personally I found it a stunning place to visit !!  We spent from 10ish to after 4ish and it was just a beautiful place to be.   And smell wise only very occasionally did we get a bit of a whiff  but certainly nothing too offensive at all.

I do have a hard time convincing my non-birding friends of the possible appeal of the place and certainly at a ritzy dinner I attended this week I would have not even attempted to tell my newly met dinner guests as to where I'd entertained myself with lunch the weekend before, but do birders really find it an unpleasant place?  Am I really that strange??

Rgds
Karen.
Hampton, VIC.