birding-aus

Cotton Pygmy-goose at Mount Isa

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Cotton Pygmy-goose at Mount Isa
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:57:02 +1000
g'day all,

A sighting of a pair of Cotton Pygmy-goose was made Thursday 11/04/2002
by visitors to Mount Isa, Bob & June Gleeson from Hervey Bay, Qld.

They saw them at a bay on the eastern side of Lake Moondarra with the generally
resident Green Pygmy-goose.

This is only the 2nd recording of this species in this area that I have heard about.
I recorded 2 males on the western side of the lake 28/09/2001

The Cotton P-g is generally regarded as a eastern coastal bird

Regards, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.