birding-aus

Still autumn

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Still autumn
From: Barry McLean <>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 02 22:45:15 +1000
Hi again,

Our first (and last to date) Golden Whistler had a lazy 20min bath/preen
on 2nd April and the Rufous Whistlers have also not been heard or seen
since 4th April.  Grey Shrike-thrush have also gone or became silent.

The Scarlet Robins are still here each day - don't know if they are
staying here or being replaced by new ones but the numbers seen do seem
to vary whatever that might mean!

I think that the last Bee-eaters went through on 28th March (although I
may have heard some on 8 April - when I tried to check I couldn't see any
and the crickets were very noisy).  Never saw any heading north; they
always went either east or west from here.

Two Common Bronzewing were seen for the first time on 9th April and one
the next day.  Do they migrate?

         03 57981213
         0418 584433
           DONT USE  in future.

         Residential Address           New shorter postal address
         Barry & Roberta McLean
         'Koornong'                    PO Box 66
         Long Gully Rd                 Violet Town  Vic  3669
         Violet Town  Vic  3669