birding-aus

Laughing Gull update 5

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Laughing Gull update 5
From: "Trevor Ford" <>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 19:54:08 +1000
I wasn't planning to report negative news but as there are several people
planning a visit to Bribie tomorrow I thought it best to report what I know.
I haven't spent too much time in the area today, although a ham and cheese
bap on the last day of opening of the cafe at 'Out of Africa' was as good as
ever.  I have, however, spoken to several people that I've bumped into and,
as far as I know, nobody has seen the gull up until 5 pm at least.
Incidentally, the first gannet of the season was off the Bongaree jetty this
evening

I haven't subscribed to birding-aus for a while as it had become inundated
with recipes for bake-athons, terrible poetry and ramblings about obscure
football codes.  I've tried to satisfy some readers by providing useful
feeding suggestions near the Bongaree jetty.  I was going to write a poem in
the birding-aus idiom, perhaps about gulls and football on Bribie, but my
goodness it's difficult to sing out of tune!

Thanks to Tom Tarrant for confirming to me that this is the sixth record of
Laughing Gull in Australia.

Good luck to everybody who makes an effort to see the bird over the weekend.

 Cheers - Trevor Ford.