birding-aus

Laughing Gull - new photo

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Laughing Gull - new photo
From: "Bill Jolly" <>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:32:02 +1000
A better-scanned image giving a closer view of the Laughing Gull at Bribie
Island is now up on the Abberton website.

As before, just go to http://www.abberton.org and take the link to "View
latest photographs".

By the way, regarding the Banded Stilt. Although it is shown in the texts as
bigger (ie longer) than the Black-winged Stilt, the bird at Lake Clarendon
is clearly shorter (ie shorter-legged) than the Black-winged Silts around
it. Incidentally, whereas I began that posting on Wednesday evening, I
didn't post it until this-morning. For the record, the stilt was seen on
Wednesday 3rd April.

Another by the way, in my list of birds in that amazing bird bath
extravaganza yesterday morning, I left out two. I knew there were 12 spp
sharing the bath, but I only remembered 10 last night (the Banded Stilt
having intervened). The other two participants were Yellow Thornbill and
Silvereye.

Bill Jolly

"Abberton",
Lockyer Valley, Queensland.

Visit our website at http://www.abberton.org

Email:
Ph: (+61) 7 4697 6111  Fax: (+61) 7 4697 6056