birding-aus

Forktailed Swifts and Hello

To: <>
Subject: Forktailed Swifts and Hello
From: "Andy & Shirley Krajewski" <>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 17:01:18 +0930
Hello all ye on birding-aus
I am a new member of your net and I have enjoyed perusing your messages.  My first post was my startled reaction to that Sesu Seke scam, and I thank all of those who responded so politely to it.

Andy and I have been in Australia, in the Riverland, SA, for nine months now, having come over from Southern Africa. We are thoroughly enjoying learning a new continent's birds,  and other fauna and flora. We do, however, miss many of the species that were familiar to us in Southern Africa, and I have especially missed the swifts. Well, this afternoon I had the pleasure of watching several Fork-tailed Swifts fly above me, riding a weather system with the swallow and martins.  These are the first swifts I have seen since our arrival in June, and I hope to see them more often.

Regards

Shirley Krajewski
Loxton
South Australia