birding-aus

North Coast NSW

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: North Coast NSW
From: "Gordon Brook" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:39:18 +1000
North Coast NSW

It has been interesting to read about the seasonal movements around the country.

I only see Rose Robins in Autumn and Spring for a brief period on my block.

I saw one yesterday so it must be Autumn.

Last Spring we were fortunate enough to have a few pass through and they came down onto the lower shrubs for a change, giving me a chance to obtain some nice video shots.

Do we have any bird song recordists on the list? I started recording bird song back in 1953 in England using one of the first Grundig valve tape recorders (mains). This involved carrying a large, heavy voltage converter as well as a car battery and a home made parabolic reflector. Not having done any recording for ages, apart from that on my digital video recorder, I think it must now be relatively easy with Mini discs and the like. I would be interested to know what is used.

Best Wishes

Gordon
Ninox Binoculars & Telescopes

(02) 6649 1077