birding-aus

Blue Whales and Birds

To: <>
Subject: Blue Whales and Birds
From: "Karen Pearson" <>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:05:42 +1100
I just had to write to say that I, together with other birding-aus participants and 3 Sydney birder, who I also knew from Sydney pelagic trips,  spent the afternoon with BLUE WHALES off the coast of Port Fairy, Victoria.  Even had the chance to look at a bucket of krill.    Amazing.

I will obviously leave the more detailed trip report to those more experienced but personally I have a whole years worth of ticks - not to mention the biggest whale tick you can get !!  My weekend birding pick-up rate may just knudge me off the 'cheap date' standings!!

Many thanks to Simon Mustoe.  I had a great weekend.

Rgds
Karen
Hampton VIC.