birding-aus

New Subscriber

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: New Subscriber
From: "Gordon Brook" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:47:26 +1100
Hi

As a new subscriber I am not yet familiar with the discussion subjects on this site, so I will just give some brief initial information.

My location is 9km West of the Pacific Highway just North of Woolgoolga which itself is about 15 minutes North of Coffs Harbour, Northern NSW.

I live on a small block in the bush and have been birding for about 50 years, 20years of which were in Australia the rest UK.

Whilst I have confirmed rarity sightings in British Birds, my birding now is somewhat restricted to my home site.

Activity this week has been the visits on a few days of small numbers of Glossy Black Cockatoos. They have been seen intermittently for about 13 years here.

5 or 6 White-Throated Honeyeaters are calling in most days. (Grevillia Superb preferred).

Log Runners are resident breeders on my block. ( 3 to 4 breeding pairs).

A single Jabiru was sited on small ponds within 2km of here this week (Occasional through the year).

A Powerful Owl was heard last week.

Pacific Baza - resident breeder seen (and heard) most days.

We have a general array of regular species which includes 3 of the Fairy Wrens, several Honeyeaters, pigeons (occasional Wompoo), Lorikeets (including Little) and many others.

I look forward to hearing the news.

Gordon Brook
Ninox B&T