birding-aus

Weird Werribee

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Weird Werribee
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:13:44 +1100

I have pondered long as to whether I would report this sighting as I can now see the looks on the faces of many.

 I went on my usual Tuesday (I’ve sorted out the days!)  trip to the Western Treatment Plant today with two friends.

 We crossed Little River,  travelling east  along 280 South Road, on the right hand side near 145WB Lagoon, almost in line with 154 West Outlet stood a goose!

According to the two veterinarians  it was probably a Toulouse Goose.

What is happening down this way!

All I want to see is a Baillon’s Crake.

The quail has flown out of the  court yard we hope to the farm land opposite. Thank you for the information re identification, it had black eyes but no pale patch on the throat, was about 12-13cm. So I assume a King Quail

Shirley Cameron