birding-aus

Kentish Plover and High Tide Roosts

To: <>
Subject: Kentish Plover and High Tide Roosts
From: "Alan Morris" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:32:58 +1100
Hi Birders,
While David Geering is correct about the smaller waders roosting in other sites like saltmarsh at night, and certainly at the Ash Island ponds, birds roosted in areas of saltmarsh at night where they could not be found during the day, but Old Bar maybe different.

On my second visit to Old Bar, high tide was at 6. 30 am not quite daylight as I remember and as we walked up the beach just after 6.30 am in the early morning light, we found the Kentish Plover waiting for us in the pebbles opposite the then pink bucket. So take heart Annabel.

Alan Morris