birding-aus

Off-topic message for everyone

Subject: Off-topic message for everyone
From: (Russell Woodford)
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 12:07:34 +1100
Hi everyone

Birding-Aus is going to run an AFL Footy Tipping competition this year.  It
will all be done OFF THE LIST (with possible tipping penalties for people who
use the list to talk about footy!)

If you would like to be in it then go to http://www.footytips.com.au and type
"birding-aus" in the COMP SEARCH box.  It's as easy as that.

Apologies to those who are not interested in footy, or who oppose footy in
other walks of life, or who think that footy is anything other than AFL.  Those
who join can use the built-in competition email to discuss footy topics - that
should keep birding-aus entirely FOOTY-FREE for this winter, which I'm sure
would please many of you.

After this message I'll filter out certain keywords so that nobody else can
abuse the list (like this) and talk about footy or tipping.  I will probably
let you all know who did well at the end of the season, but otherwise you can
take this as your last footy-intrusion for the season.

Go the Blues

---
Russell Woodford
List Owner