birding-aus

RFI - New South Wales

To: <>
Subject: RFI - New South Wales
From: "Robert Grimmond" <>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:56:28 -0000
Hi to all!

My wife and I are making our first trip to Australia this October and
November (followed by New Zealand). We've more or less sorted out our first
two weeks, in the Brisbane and Cairns areas, but would appreciate some ideas
about where to spend a few days in NSW before having a couple of days in
Sydney (then off to Tasmania for a week). We fly from Cairns to Sydney on
25th October, pick up a rental car and then go on the Wollongong pelagic on
26th October. We'll have to return our rental car to Sydney late in the
afternoon of 30th October.

I'd be grateful for ideas on how best to spend the four days from 27th to
30th October. I've looked at some of the bird finding guides but not sure
what is likely to be more productive. Options seem to be the Canberra area
(but would it justify 3/4 days?) or the Blue Mountains/Glen Davis area. On
this trip we're not really going to be able to make the outback so I think
we'll have to concentrate on areas not too far from Sydney. I don't know
what impact the forest fires have had on the areas mentioned above. Any
thoughts would be most welcome.

Please reply to me privately.

Many thanks,

Rob