birding-aus

Recent sightings

To: "Stuart Cooney" <>
Subject: Recent sightings
From: "J & C Krohn" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:43:11 +1100
Stuart and folks,

Couple of interesting sightings over the past week or so:

Two separate sightings of a single Crested Pigeon near my home in Glen
Waverley (eastern suburb of Melbourne) and also a single sighting of one
Crested Pigeon near Gardiners Creek in Glen Iris (about half-way from Glen
Waverley to the city.  My own first observations of that species in either
location.

A single immature-plumaged White-bellied Sea-Eagle yesterday (Sunday)
afternoon soaring over Millgrove in the Yarra Valley, about 70 km east of
Melbourne.  The bird appeared from the east (ie upstream), circled a couple
of times and made its way out of sight to the north-west.

Regards,

    Jack Krohn