birding-aus

Sunrise, Sunset, Sunrise, Sunset

Subject: Sunrise, Sunset, Sunrise, Sunset
From: (Russell Woodford)
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 23:17:03 +1100
Part of the excellent AUSLIG website includes a facility for calculating the
exact sunrise and sunset times for any spot in Australia (it may even calculate
beyond this country, I didn't try it).  You can enter latitude / longitude
coordinates and the system will return the sunrise/sunset times  for any given
day.  I assume that these do not take altitude and landform (shadow effect of
mountains etc) into account, but it's a very handy little tool - and free of
course.  Marvellous for those of us who like to be up to see the birds at the
very crack of dawn.  Yeah, right.

Here's the URL for those interested:
http://www.auslig.gov.au/geodesy/astro/

---