birding-aus

Nankeen Night Heron

To: "Trevor Hampel" <>, "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Nankeen Night Heron
From: "The Dam Lamb Service Clan" <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 02:17:51 +1100
My first ever sighting of Nankeen Night Heron was on the Onkaparinga River
just north of the township of Old Noarlunga. I had only been a birder for 6
months and was beside myself with excitement to see (from memory) about 9
juveniles roosting in tall gums alongside the river. Others I gave this news
to were less excited, stating they were well known in the area. This was way
back in 1989.

       I seem to recall also seeing them along the Murray upriver around
Walker's Flat and I think in the Riverland.
Any comment Tony Russell?

           Russ Lamb,Maleny, SEQ