birding-aus

Aussie birding advice?

Subject: Aussie birding advice?
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:03:03 EST
Greetings,

My wife and I are visiting Australia in March and I would greatly appreciate your help.

We will check in to a timeshare in Port Stevens (which I gather is a couple hours north of Sydney) on Saturday, March 9. We'll be there til the following Friday.

My wife isn't a birder, so this isn't a birding trip, but I'm looking for a local birder with whom I could bird a day or two during that week and see the maximum number of Aussie species. While I'd prefer just going out with a good local birder (I'll buy gas and lunch), I'd be willing to hire a guide if necessary.

Interested? Or do you know anyone around there?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Harrison
La Canada, Calif. USA