birding-aus

Channel-billed Cuckoos gathering for migration

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Channel-billed Cuckoos gathering for migration
From: jilldening <>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:42:17 +1100
Hi All,

This is a subject which always raises interest. Ailsa Watson reports that
she spent a couple of weeks in the hinterland of the Sunshine Coast, SEQld,
and over the period (Christmas/New Year) saw a gathering of immature
Channel-bills, building up to as many as 16 to the flock, flying to and fro
and making a lot of noise. They are rather noisy around my area too
(southern end of the Sunshine Coast hinterland), although in flocks of only
4 or 5. I guess they'll be away north soon.

Cheers,

Jill
--
Jill Dening