birding-aus

Sydney RFI

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Sydney RFI
From: "The Dam Lamb Service Clan" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 08:32:31 +1100
Fellow aus-birders,
                           I will be in holidaying in Sydney from 4th to 19 Jan., with first week carless in Potts Point, second with car at Mt.Druitt (yes, I know, it's hard to explain). Would like ideas on birding sites,for when we tire of the tourist thing.
                         Have already thought of Magic Point,Marouba, Mitchell Park, Cattai NP,Pitt Town Lagoon NR,Royal NP . Do any other sites spring to mind? Don't have any particular target species in mind (have previously got origma,pilotbird,eastern bristlebird etc) but wouldn't say no to Aust.Bittern, Lewin's Rail, and a long time since my last Southern Emu-wren.
                        Replies directly to me please.
          Many thanks
                          Russ Lamb, Maleny,SEQ