birding-aus

North Queensalnd/Barrier Reef RFI

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: North Queensalnd/Barrier Reef RFI
From: Kim Sterelny <>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:28:01 +1100
Dear All

I have promised to take my partner (who is a bushwalker but not a birder)
and my daughter (who is three, hence possibly a little young for birding)
to North Queensland to spend have holiday and see the reef and potter
around in the water in late June 2002.

I wonder if anyone on the list knows whether it would be possible to
combine this with a birding holiday; to (for example) stay at a lodge where
I could bird in the early morning (when Kate and Melanie will be safely
asleep) and the late afternoon, while doing wet things in the day.

Indeed, it occurs to me that there are people who run birding lodges and
other ecotourism ventures on the list - and if that is you, please feel
free to let me know. Given the non-commercial ethos of the list, though,
perhaps people with information could reply to me direct.

Thanks
Kim
Kim Sterelny
Philosophy Program
RSSS, ANU and
Philosophy Department
Victoria University Wellington

e-mail

ANU Contact Information (July-December)
Philosophy Program
Research School of the Social Sciences
Australian National University
0200 Canberra, ACT, Australia
phone

61- (0)2 6125-2886
messages: Di Crosse: Administrator, Philosophy Program

61-(0)2 -6125 2341,
fax 61-(0)2 - 6125 3294

Victoria University Contact Information (January-June)

Philosophy Program
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand

phone: