birding-aus

New NSW Law Sporting Shooters Permit to Shoot Cats & other Ferals

To: desley williams <>
Subject: New NSW Law Sporting Shooters Permit to Shoot Cats & other Ferals
From: Kiran Krishna <>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:40:15 +1100 (EST)
Desley,

  I didn't see the program, but it is good to hear something is being done
about ferals. I wonder though what the penalties are for "accidentally"
shooting other animals. Also, does this include any birds (feral pigeons
for example, or European Starlings)? If so, this would raise even more
difficulties with regard to legislation. What I am afraid of is that
unscrupulous people might use this as an excuse for poaching of various
sorts....

Kiran