birding-aus

Grey Butcherbird as a Mimic

To: "'Irene'" <>, Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Grey Butcherbird as a Mimic
From: CHADWICK Joanne <>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:27:23 +1000
Hi Irene

Interesting to hear about your Grey butcherbird.  We have a pied butcherbird
that sits on our verandah and we have watched him mimic a budgie, canary,
kookaburra, galah, magpie, grey butcherbird and a dog barking!  It sometimes
sits there for about 20 minutes doing his repertoire - very entertaining and
clever!

Jo Chadwick
Brisbane