birding-aus

Attachments

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Attachments
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:47:09 +1100
Hi all

I think for once everyone on the mailing list might agree with me!  We DON'T
allow attachments - and never have condoned them in general birding-aus
messages.

A couple of hopefully helpful hints...

EUDORA (and some other mail clients) automatically drop a copy of every
attachment into the "Attachmments" folder inside your Eudora Folder.  You
will need to delete them manually from here as well as trashing the message
they came with.

Turn off ActiveX in your browser as this allows scripts to write stuff to
your hard drive and to launch programs.  You should find this option in EDIT
.. PREFERENCES ... JAVA.  Well that's where it is in my mac version of IE5.

Be careful out there....

Russell

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Manager